January 26, 2017
As we look back and reflect on 2016, we’re so incredibly humbled by the way Pittsburgh has adopted bike share. We’ve had so many awesome moments and we wanted to take stock of some of them. So here they are, our top 16 favorite moments from 2016:
16. The BikeFest Photo Booth.
15. The Anthrocon photo shoot. Who doesn’t love furries on bikes!?
14. The first-ever Homewood 10k Bike Ride for Homewood Health Matters.
13. Riding around town with Mayor Bill Peduto!
12. 1st Anniversary Celebration at Open Streets PGH with Highmark and Allegheny Healthy Network. Oh, and cake. Butterwood Bake Consortium cake. mmmmmm 🙂
11. Bike Share Scavenger Hunts!
10. Pittsburgh celebrates it’s Bicentennial and we get to ride in the parade. Black and Gold!
9. Getting our zen on with Inhale Yoga.
8. Our first-ever Bike to Work Day.
7. Partying down with our first-ever Street Team.
6. SWAG! We produced lots of awesome Healthy Ride swag including a custom printed, limited edition Lazer helmet. Get em’ while they last!
5. Piloting the #LunchLoop series with BikePGH and Riverlife where we explored Downtown’s bike infrastructure and trails with Downtown workers. Don’t worry, we’re bringing to back again this year!
4. The Spinnsters take over Healthy Ride’s offices to learn Winter Bike Maintenance with all-star bike mechanic Katharine from Kindred Cycles.
3. Open Streets expands to new neighborhoods giving us the opportunity to try out our first-ever pop-up station.
2. Dozens of people Cycle to the Moon!
1. “That guy” shows up on a Healthy Ride to the Dirty Dozen. Mic drop.
We love you, Pittsburgh! And to show you how much we promise to bring you a lot more first-evers, surprises, and best yet, MORE STATIONS this year. So stay tuned and stay connected.
-Your Healthy Ride Team