April 30, 2019
Pittsburgh is home to several universities, three of which are based in Oakland. Oakland contains restaurants, shops, museums, and the Carnegie Library of Oakland. Neighboring Shadyside is a favorite place for students to live and explore, with business districts on Walnut St and Ellsworth Ave.
30 mins, some mild hills
- Start at the Schenley Dr + Forbes Ave station and take Bigelow Blvd north until you reach Bayard St.
- Continue on Bayard St until you reach Morewood Ave.
- Take a right on Morewood Ave and continue until you reach Ellsworth Ave.
- Take a left on Ellsworth Ave and continue until you reach Ivy St.
- Take a right on Ivy St and return your bike at the Ivy St + Walnut St station. Explore the Walnut St business district.
- OR continue straight on Ellsworth Ave and return your bike at the Ellsworth Ave + Maryland Ave station. Explore the Ellsworth Ave business district.
Check out BikePGH.org for the full Pittsburgh Bike Map.
Back to the Explore Pittsburgh page.