June 24, 2019
Downtown Pittsburgh contains a great assortment of public art, and one of the best ways to see it all is by bike.
30-45 mins, flat terrain
- Start at the 10th St + Penn Ave station. The Convention Center next to the station has some public art on the roof.
- Take a right on Penn Ave and ride until you reach 7th St. Here are two spaces of public art: the Agnes Katz Plaza and Magnolias for Pittsburgh.
- Continue on Penn Ave until you reach Stanwix St. Across from Gateway Plaza is Pipe Dream IV, also called “The Paperclip.”
- Head left on Stanwix St until you reach Forbes Ave. Dismount and walk your bike on the Forbes Ave sidewalk to Market Square. Artists showcase their work year-round in this public space.
- Walk your bike to Fifth Ave and make a left onto Fifth Ave.
- Continue until on Fifth Ave until you reach Penn Ave.
- Turn left onto Penn Ave and continue on until you reach Tito Way, which contains the Cell Phone Disco.
- Continue on Tito Way until you reach Liberty Ave. Cross Liberty Ave to access the pedestrian street Strawberry Way.
- Turn left onto Smithfield St, and then left again onto Seventh Ave. The side of the Liberty Ave Parking Garage showcases Yesterday’s Tomorrow.
- Head across the street to Garrison Place. Continue on until you reach the Garrison Canal.
- Head back on Penn Ave towards the Convention Center and end your tour at the 10th St + Penn Ave station.
Check out BikePGH.org for the full Pittsburgh Bike Map.
Back to the Explore Pittsburgh page.