June 25, 2019
Comprised of several distinct neighborhoods, the Hill District was the home of famous playwright August Wilson, as well as a host for many jazz greats in the 1930s.
30 mins, hilly terrain
- Start at the Centre Ave + Kirkpatrick St station and head west on Centre Ave.
- Some notable stops along Centre Ave: the August Wilson mural (2037 Centre Ave), Ujamaa Collective (1901 Centre Ave), and the Hill House Association (1835 Centre Ave).
- Continue on Centre Ave until you reach Crawford St. At this intersection is Freedom Corner, a memorial dedicated to Pittsburgh’s civil rights struggle.
- Turn right on Crawford St and continue on until you reach Bedford Ave.
- Turn right on Bedford Ave and continue on until you reach the August Wilson House.
- Continue on Bedford Ave until you reach Memory Lane.
- Turn left on Memory Lane and enjoy the Bedford Hill Overlook.
- Continue on Memory Lane until you reach Bedford Ave.
- Cross Bedford Ave and continue on Kirkpatrick St.
- Finish your tour at the Centre Ave + Kirkpatrick St station
Check out BikePGH.org for the full Pittsburgh Bike Map.
Back to the Explore Pittsburgh page.