June 27, 2019
Squirrel Hill has a significant Jewish population, and is also a popular neighborhood for students from Oakland to visit. This route will take you past businesses, parks, and Phipps Conservatory.
30 mins, hilly terrain (mostly downhill)
- Start at the Beacon St + Murray Ave station. Murray Ave and Forbes Ave are the heart of the business district of Squirrel Hill.
- Head west on Beacon St until you reach Wightman St.
- Turn right onto Wightman St. Continue on until you reach Darlington Rd.
- Turn left onto Darlington Rd, and then turn right to stay on Darlington Rd.
- Continue on until you reach Schenley Dr.
- Turn left onto Schenley Dr. This street goes through Schenley Park, and you’ll also pass by Carnegie Mellon University, Phipps Conservatory, and the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh main branch. Continue on until you reach Roberto Clemente Dr.
- Keep straight to head onto Roberto Clemente Dr. Continue on until you reach Bouquet St.
- Turn right onto Bouquet St. Return your bike at the Bouquet St + Sennott St station.
Check out BikePGH.org for the full Pittsburgh Bike Map.
Back to the Explore Pittsburgh page.