November 17, 2019
Support Your Local Non-Profit Bike Share Program!
Healthy Ride serves tens of thousands of residents every year, providing affordable transportation and recreation for the people of Pittsburgh. We’re completely owned and operated by a local team of sustainability, health, and bicycle enthusiasts! We believe that bicycles have the power to make great change for our city – for better air quality, for healthier and happier residents, and for safer streets for everyone. We work year round to build a bike share program that enhances public transit access, that gets people active and outside, that connects residents and visitors to local businesses and attractions, that supports access for low-income riders, and one that continues to work to connect new communities to reliable transportation. But we can’t do it without your support.
In order to keep ridership costs low and build programming that reaches dozens of Pittsburgh neighborhoods we rely on generous donations from people like you who are dedicated to the mission of Healthy Ride and want to see us continue to grow and provide valuable services throughout our beautiful city. Each year we ask our riders, cheerleaders, and stakeholders who are able to help support our programming that helps us grow a program that supports even more Pittsburghers. For every bit that you give, we’ll give it back to the riders and programs that need it most. Oh, and you’ll gain a little gift from us as well!
And what’s better, we’ve teamed up with Commonwealth Press to make limited edition pins that are the epitome of bike share in Pittsburgh. One design features the view from one of the best bike trails in the Burgh: the gateway to the Gap Trail that will lead you allllll the way to Washington, DC. The other, combines the classic Pittsburgh color trio to make the Burghiest looking Healthy Ride bike of all time (barring a battle with the artist designed Burgh Bike from 2017).
What your donation supports:
- Free 15 minute trips for all ConnectCard users.
- Free access to Healthy Ride bikes for all group ride attendees + Confident City Cycling students.
- The Community Ambassadors Program, empowering residents to introduce biking to people in their communities.
- Free access to Healthy Ride bikes for High School bike clubs.
- The small, but mighty Healthy Ride Marketing & Outreach team who helps spread the word about how to stay safe on the road, sends system news and updates to riders and advocates, connects new and potential riders to resources like group rides and educational materials, and organizes events like free ride days, group rides, and scavenger hunts.
- Tools for the Healthy Ride mechanics to keep the fleet rolling.
- Distribution events for free Community Annual Membership for those in need.
- The Healthy Ride operations team who make sure each station has rentable bikes, brings in bikes for service, and helps support large-scale events like Open Streets PGH.
- The Healthy Ride rebalancing e-trike! That’s right, our e-trike helps keep our stations stocked.
Thank you for your support and generosity. Happy riding!
Give a Little, Gain A Lot:
$25 – 2019 art bike sticker pack
$50 – Limited Edition Healthy Ride Pin Set, designed and produced by Commonwealth Press
$75 – Limited Edition Healthy Ride Pin Set, designed and produced by Commonwealth Press and 2019 art bike sticker pack
$100+ – Limited Edition Healthy Ride Pin Set, designed and produced by Commonwealth Press + 2019 art bike sticker pack + Healthy Ride Socks