April 2, 2020
Meet the staff of Healthy Ride! We’d like to show you the faces of the team that keeps Pittsburgh’s bike share rolling.
1. What is your role at Healthy Ride? When did you start working with Healthy Ride?
I’m a bicycle mechanic (svc technician?) and started working April 30th of 2019.
2. When did you learn how to ride a bike? Who taught you?
I learned when I was 6 and was taught by my dad sending me down a hill where I crashed into a portable elementary school building.
3. What kind of riding do you like to do?
Lately I’ve loved just exploring the city and darting through traffic on my fixie, but also have been mountain biking for the last few years.
4. What’s your favorite trip to make by Healthy Ride?
Favorite trip on a Healthy Ride is definitely to any coffee shop near the office.
5. What does a typical day at Healthy Ride look like for you?
I show up to work and start turning wrenches and joke around with the other mechanics. This, of course, refers back to before social distancing 🙁
6. Most memorable / fun / interesting thing you did or saw while on a Healthy Ride?
When my normal bike had a flat tire and I needed to take it to the shop for repair, I was able to use a Healthy Ride bike with my frame hoisted up onto my shoulder for the 25 minute ride back to the office.
In response to COVID-19
How are you staying active during your self-quarantine?
I’ve just been trying to do some city biking and city running, all while maintaining a healthy distance from everyone.