1. Smartphone app: nextbike
2. Website: www.healthyridepgh.com
3. Call Customer Service: 412-535-5189
Enter in your personal information, then a method of payment. You will be charged $1 to activate your payment method. This $1 will be applied to your first ride. You must enter in a method of payment to rent a bike.
Standard Winter Weather ProcedureWinter weather conditions may affect the functionality of the Healthy Ride system. While we can anticipate and respond to winter weather as conditions arise, we want our riders to be safe and prepared for all of the different winter scenarios. Visit our Winter Weather Advisory page for details. Remember, you can report unsafe routes to Pittsburgh’s 311 Response Center. For more information, visit. If you do choose to ride during inclimate weather, please ride safe. Visit our Winter Weather Riding Tips for details.
Extreme Winter WeatherSafety is a top priority to Healthy Ride. If weather conditions threaten the safety of our riders, we will temporarily suspend service for all customers. Bikes already in use at the time of closure can be returned to any Healthy Ride station. In the event that Pittsburgh receives a storm of any kind that may interfere with the safety of our riders and will result in a full system closure, we will notify all of our registered users via our newsletter and to the main page of our website. If you want to ensure you are subscribed to our newsletter, simply check your account settings by logging into your account via the app “nextbike” or healthyridepgh.com. To receive real-time closures and openings, follow us via our Facebook and Twitter accounts @HealthyRidePGH
For more information on cycling safely and legally in the City of Pittsburgh, please see http://bikepgh.org/101/
1. Use the smartphone app, it’s called “nextbike”, either: - Open the app, use the QR code reader in the bottom right of screen to capture the QR code on the back of the bicycle. - The app will tell you that the bicycle is available, simple press “Rent Bike” button. - A green light will flash on the dock indicating that you can release the bike. Pull the bike out within 30 seconds. - The app will provide a 4-digit unlock code. This is not necessary for rental or return. The unlock code is only used in conjunction with the bicycle cable lock OR, using the app, enter bike number into app, press “Start New Rental."
2. Use the keypad located on the bicycle enter phone number of your account, press OK, then enter your 6-digit pin assigned at registration, press OK. A green light will flash on the dock indicating that you can release the bike. Pull the bike out within 30 seconds. A 4-digit unlock code will be texted to your phone. This is not necessary for rental or return. The unlock code is only used in conjunction with the bicycle cable lock. Do not use the bicycle cable locks at this time.
3. Call Customer Service 412-535-5189 Customer service will ask for your phone and 6-digit PIN. They can rent the bike on your behalf if you are standing at a station. You’ll provide the bike number you want to rent. A green light will indicate the bicycle is released from the dock. You have 30 seconds to pull out the bike.
Pay-As-You-Go Riders: Rides are always just $2 per 30 minutes, plus tax. So for example, if you take out a bike for 90 minutes, you’ll be charged $6.
Standard Monthly Members (unlimited 30-minute rides): If you go over 30 minutes in a single ride, you will be charged $2 per 30 minutes. So for example, if you take a 60 minute ride, you’ll be charged $2, plus sales tax.
Deluxe Monthly Members (unlimited 60-minute rides): If you go over 60 minutes in a single ride, you will be charged $2/additional 30 minutes. So for example, if you take a 90 minute ride, you’ll be charged $2.